Bluetooth Drivers?

Discussion in 'macOS Virtual Machine' started by ROSSNI, Oct 10, 2014.

1. ROSSNI

ROSSNI Bit poster

My host OS is OSX Mavericks, my guest OS is OSX Yosemite (beta 5).
    My expectation is that as both the host and guest OS's are Apple OSX, hardware installed and operational in the host OS should operate with the same drivers (or drivers that deliver the same capability). This doesn't seem to be the case.
    My MacBook Air mid-2011 has bluetooth 4.0 hardware, this is shown in the system report of the host os. Under Bluetooth, LMP Version = 0x6
    The guest OS running under this host reports NON-Bluetooth 4.0 hardware, this is shown in the system report of the guest OS. Under Bluetooth, LMP Version = 0x1

Any ideas? I have reinstalled Parallels Tools already, just in case.

2. Specimen

Specimen Product Expert

The hardware cannot be presented the same way to the Guest, as the Guest CANNOT have the same full control over it. As such it's the Host that has full access to the hardware and then there has to be a translation layer provided by parallels and presented to the Guest, not all features of the real hardware will be available. Some are possible to implement others not so much.

As far as I know, Bluetooth is not yet emulated/translated for OS X Guests, only Windows ones.