At the end of my rope with sound not working

Dawn415

Bit poster
I purchased Parallels 7 and Windows 7 about two weeks ago.

I have a 2011 iMac 27" running Lion.

I have read through the threads on how to get sound to work on this darn thing and nothing works! I have uninstalled the speakers and reinstalled. I have made sure there is no red X on the sound icon.

I have restarted the entire computer and it SAYS everything is working just fine. It even has the little sound bar with green that goes up and down as the music gets louder and softer.

The default drive is "Speakers Parallels Audio Controller (x64) Default drive and there is a big green check mark next to it indicating that all is well.

IT IS NOT WELL! I can't hear a darn thing! I need this to work!

HELP PLEASE!~

Thank you.

Dawn
 
No one has any suggestions? Who is running Parallels 7 and windows 7 successfully on Lion? Please tell me what your sound/audio settings read. That might at least help me a bit.
 
Thank you for responding.

I finally did get it to work this morning! Thank you!

I did what you suggested and then made sure I had downloaded all updates, and then restarted the computer.

It still didn't work at that point but I went to "audio output" settings and found that it was set on "null" and not "internal speaker output" so I reset that and now it works!

THANK YOU!

Dawn
 
Last edited:
Where?

Where is this null setting. I have reinstalled tools 5x. And there is still no audio devices that Win7 can see.
 
Back
Top