Applications were launched automatically and repeatedly

Discussion in 'macOS Virtual Machine' started by YIP1, Oct 25, 2017.

1. YIP1

YIP1 Bit poster

When I work with Windows through Parallel Desktop on my MacBook, it will sometimes suddenly launch the applications pinned on the task bar below once my cursor is pointing to the task bar. It launched as many of applications as it can until my computer is running out of resources. The only thing I could do was to shut the Windows down.
    Who has an idea on what the problem is? I have searched on the internet but cannot find similar problem from others. Please help.

Attached Files:

2. Meenakshi@Parallels

Meenakshi@Parallels Pro

Hello YIP1, to disable the application that launches automatically from the taskbar when Windows starts, please follow any one of the methods as suggested below:

Method 1: To locate the current user's startup folder, click on Start>All Programs and then right click on the startup folder. Then, choose open from the menu. Simply drop the new shortcut from the desktop into this folder and restart your computer.

Method 2: Please go to Task manager in Windows and then click on Startup > Then disable the application that is launched automatically ad check if this works. Thanks!

3. YIP1

YIP1 Bit poster

Thank you for your reply. But my problem was not happened during window startup. I can use it normally for a while after window startup. But sometimes the Autocad application will launch automatically for many times, which I can not stop it. It seems there are some problems on the parallel desktop as I didn't encounter similar problems on direct Windows or Mac computers.

4. Arun@Parallels

Arun@Parallels Parallels Support

Hi @YIP1 , Just to confirm is Autocad application starts automatically when Parallels Desktop for Mac is not running?