Windows Applications Folder Disappeared

Discussion in 'macOS Virtual Machine' started by AndyPost, Mar 21, 2012.

1. AndyPost

AndyPost Bit poster

Hey Thrill Seekers,
    There used to be a folder on my Mac's applications bar called "Windows Applications". It was a really quick way to pop up a list of all the windows apps on my computer. Clicking one would start Parallels, Windows, then the app.

I just noticed that it's gone. So I have to start parallels, then look for the application, then launch it.

Have no idea why Lion would just remove the folder (bitterness I suppose), but I'd sure like to get it back.

I've searched for "windows Applications" in spotlight because that was the name of the folder. But Lion will present every file on my computer with "windows" or "application" in it's title, or content. As useful as nipples on men.

Any idea how I can get the folder back?

2. AndyPost

AndyPost Bit poster

Clarification

I have found a folder called Windows 7 Applications, but when I drop it on the application bar and mouse over it, I see a large square window filled with big icons and shortened file names that I can't read. It looks like what a Mac user would use to deride the windows interface.

What WAS there was a slick popup that looked very much like the slick start menu that I have to navigate through now. But it was a much taller, more comprehensive list that allowed me to bypass the "all programs" button.

Any ideas would be appreciated

Thanks