Where's My Desktop?

Discussion in 'macOS Virtual Machine' started by MarkM26, Dec 28, 2017.

1. MarkM26

MarkM26 Bit poster

I just migrated my Parallels 10 app and VM (Windows 7) from my old iMac to a new iMac. While everything seems to work ok, when I start up Parallels, I no longer get my windows desktop to appear in a window. I only get an icon in my dock that I click to start running my windows apps. Where did my [Windows] desktop go? I'm running High Sierra, but I don't think that's the problem as I was running High Sierra only old iMAC and everything worked fine.

Attached Files:

2. Arun@Parallels

Arun@Parallels Parallels Support

Hi @MarkM26 , please click Parallels icon > View > Exit coherence and check if that helps.

3. MarkM26

MarkM26 Bit poster

That fixed it... mostly. My Windows desktop now contains icons from Windows 7 desktop files AND iMac desktop files.

Thanks for the quick and effective response. I have always enjoyed using Parallels but, in all honestly, don't understand many of its capabilities. Again, thanks!

Mark

4. Arun@Parallels

Arun@Parallels Parallels Support

Hi @MarkM26 , If you are using Parallels Desktop 10 for Mac. Please check this article to know more about Parallels Desktop 10 for Mac which will be helpful for you.