VM icon not showing on Mac's Dock

Discussion in 'macOS Virtual Machine' started by Guss, Oct 7, 2016.

1. Guss

Guss Bit poster

Hi, im having a trouble with Parallels, suddenly the icon of the VM which is running it wont appear (not Parallels icon). For example, i run "windows 7" from bootcamp in coherence mode and the "start up" icon won't appear in the dock, same happened if a run "ubuntu" or "chorme os". No matter if i change the mode of viewing in window instead of coherence,no matter if i reinstall parallels tools, no matter if tried everything of the solutions were given on the parallels website (if i found the articles i will ad them), no matter if i reinstall parallels, bootcamp (reinstall whole bootcamp and bootcamp's VM) or another VM. The only thing i havent done yet is to restore my Mac and start over...

I'm tired of this, i dont have any time machine before this happened and it will take a long-long time to setup the whole Mac and apps from the begging.
    If you have anything that would help i would be thankful.

OSX - El Capitan, Parallels had 11 and now 12, also used on 10 or 9

2. PaulChristopher@Parallels

PaulChristopher@Parallels Product Expert Staff Member

Hello @Guss, please be informed that Parallels Desktop 12 Update 12.2 (41591) was released and the issue has been addressed. Please update Parallels Desktop to the latest build. Please note that Parallels Tools also needs to be updated (Actions > Update Parallels Tools) and let us know how it works.