Visio performance on Mac Air M3 13?

Discussion in 'Parallels Desktop on a Mac with Apple silicon' started by ManuelaS1, Aug 13, 2024.

1. ManuelaS1

ManuelaS1 Bit poster

Hello!

My old HP is going to die. Now I want to switch to Mac and use it for writing/office tasks (surfing/mail, use of visio, scrivener, working on my master thesis, etc.). As I need to use Visio, having Parallels is inevitable. As Visio interoperate with office, I need to run Office on Parallels too.

For testing purposes I borrowed a MacBook Pro M1Pro with 16GB/500GB and check it with Parallels. And the performance was ... mediocre. Now I am thinking to switch to MacBook Air 13, 24GB/1TB.

Does anybody has experiences how Visio etc. performs on this machine, when used in latest Parallels?

Thanks
    Manuela

2. SamS4

SamS4 Hunter

We run all of the Office Suite including Visio and Project on M3 Macs running the latest Parallels on the latest version Windows, using 64-bit apps from Microsoft. The performance has been excellent.

If you wanted to "test run" the apps and Parallels on a Mac to make sure it works for you, I'd buy the desired Mac, install only Parallels, Windows 11, and MS Office and run your test. All of these products offer a 30-day trial period with full refund, so it would seem to be a no-brainer that you could verify performance first, and if adequate, start configuring the Mac to your needs with email, Apple ID login, etc.