Unable to install Parallel Tools in Lion Guest, Parallels Desktop 11

Discussion in 'macOS Virtual Machine' started by HélèneD, Dec 19, 2015.

1. HélèneD

HélèneD Bit poster

Hi,
    I run Parallels Desktop 11 on a Mac running El Capitan 10.11.2.
    I've installed Lion. I can't instal Parallels Tools. When I click on Actions > Install Parallels Tools. I get this error message: )approximate translation, my machine and I speak French)
    Click Continue to connect the Parallels Tools Installer CD to the virtual machine and click on Install.
    I downloaded Parallels 11. Of course, there is no CD. What exactly am I supposed to do?

Thanks for any help.
    Hélène D.
    Blainville, QC, Canada

2. Dhruba@Parallels

Dhruba@Parallels

Hi, we suggest you to mount the .iso image file of Parallels Tools located inside the Parallels Desktop application. Please refer to this article to navigate and mount Parallels Tools.
    Note: This KB is valid for Windows virtual machine, however this will help to navigate and mount the file.
    While selecting Parallels Tools .iso file, please select prl-tools-mac.iso, once it is selected try executing it from the virtual machine.

3. GoshAlmighty

GoshAlmighty Bit poster

The easiest way I've found to do this in Lion (in Parallels 10, but it should work for 11 too) is to go to the Finder menu > Preferences > General, and under Show these items on the desktop make sure you have the one checked for CDs, DVDs, and iPods, as that will show the Parallels Tools disk image on the Desktop, like this:

Lion Finder Preferences.png

Hope this helps!

4. HélèneD

HélèneD Bit poster

5. HélèneD

HélèneD Bit poster

Thanks!

6. Dhruba@Parallels

Dhruba@Parallels

Thanks for sharing! This will be help for our users.