Trying to make a Parallels Mac OS 10.9.x VM running Mac OS 10.10.4

Discussion in 'macOS Virtual Machine' started by Nick4, Jul 23, 2015.

1. Nick4

Nick4 Bit poster

I have tried to make a virtual Max OS 10.9.x drive but at best I get is just the system on a 7+Gbyte vpm, (guset system). This can not be expanded so I can't install a complete system from a Time Machine source.

The Time Machine should create a system 300 GB and I have 1TB of spare space.

I need to parallels drive to safely test software and do some minor development.

I have followed the document http://kb.parallels.com/118806
    I don't even get to the install of parallel Tools.

2. Maria@Parallels

Maria@Parallels Problem solver

@Nick4 did you have any error message during the installation?

3. Nick4

Nick4 Bit poster

When I create a VM of OS 10.x it only creates one of 67.73 GB on my main HD.
    It though has 580GB unused.

If I use an OS X, (OS 10), image to install from and reconfigure things, that is increase the VM size I get the following:
    "Unable to resize the last volume. The file system on that volume might be corrupted or not supported"

The solution 'to help' points to Problem ID 15350, which applies to Parallels 7, 8 and 9. Also it dos not help much.

I have tried this on both my boot drives even the drive with 1.5TB free space.

All give the same error.
    I should be able to make a VM from Time Machine at least of the drive with 1.5TB free space but it wont, just makes a drive 67Gb big and no change to enlarge it.

OS 10 is up to date, 10.10.4 as well as Parallels 10, 10.2.1 (29006)
    Ok you just released a new build to night, (my side of the globe).

Fully confused.

Tried it will the new upgrade to Parallels version 10.2.2 (29105)
    Still the same problem.

My Time Machine size should generate a VM about 400GB.
    Once installed I can remove extra material to shrink it but I need a fully self contained VM with appropriate apps, unlinked to the main HD.