Solution already found: Mojave VM freezes after/when doing system update via system settings

Discussion in 'macOS Virtual Machine' started by kuebler, Dec 22, 2019.

1. kuebler

kuebler Member

I'm sorry that I couldn't identify a solution in the forum and thus found no other way than to ask here:

System settings told me the an update for my Mojave 10.14.6 VM should be made (including a Safari update, which to my guessing is the culprit), but after starting that I obviously got a freeze with the following screen. Waiting for an hour didn't help.
    Bildschirmfoto 2019-12-22 um 18.32.51.png

Now I even found no way to do a forced shutdown of my Mojave VM. What can I do?

2. kuebler

kuebler Member

When I started only the Mojave VM (instead of both my Mac and Win VMs), then for Parallels Desktop I got a menu item "Actions", where I could select Stopp, which ramped the VM down. After that and with a new start I could complete the system update.

Sorry for having added a thread for this. If a moderator sees this he/she can delete my thread. Thanks.

3. iosm

iosm Bit poster

Thank you, but it is prior to the OS installation even starting. I cannot get the image to connect in such a way as to allow the installer to even start. It seems that the system just won't detect the installer dmg.