Solaris HD Formatting

Discussion in 'Other Virtual machines' started by bluethundr, Mar 15, 2008.

1. bluethundr

bluethundr Bit poster

Hello,

I've been unsuccessful so far in installing Solaris 10 onto my Macbook Pro 15" 2.33GHz Intel Dual Core.

Previously I was able to get to the X configuration screen. I was unsuccessful in configuring X, so I decided to start from scratch. So I went to /~/Documents and deleted the Solaris 10 directory so it would remove my Solaris environment

I did this a couple of times as part of a trial and error to get the X environment configured. But then more problems stated cropping up.

Now, I get to the screen entitled 'Select Disks' and select c0d0. I then proceed to the 'Automatically Layout File Systems'. I get choices of /, /opt, /usr, /usr/openwin, /var, and /swap.

No matter what I choose, be it the default (which is just / and /swap selected) or selecting additional file systems I get the following message:

"Auto-layout was not successful because of disk space problems. To resolve this problem you can reduce the number of file systems for auto-layout, or you can manually layout file systems."

I am currently using a 15gb disk file and in the past have tried using up to a 35gb size disk file. So, I doubt that disk space is actually the issue.

If I press f2 to continue it tells me in the "File System and Disk Layout" screen that 'no file systems are configured'.

I then hit f2 again. I get screen called "Warning: Different Boot Device". It reads "Because you have changed the boot device (where the root ('/') file system will be created) from it's previous location you must re-layout your disks to sync up your file systems. F2_OK".

I then press f2 and it takes me right back to the File System and Disk Layout screen.

Realizing that the problem may be with Parallels, I tried trashing the app and reinstalling it. No luck. Same result.

So, my question is, why am I getting the 'not enough space' message in the auto-layout screen? And why then am I not allowed to select the disk to partition the disk manually (not that I would necessarily know what I was doing had I to go that route).

Thanks for any help you can provide!