Snow Leopard Server running on Snow Leopard Desktop

Discussion in 'macOS Virtual Machine' started by rhodesy22, Jun 13, 2009.

1. rhodesy22

rhodesy22 Bit poster

Has anyone had any luck? I just get the spinning loading disc, I can't even get to an install screen.

2. GuyM

GuyM Bit poster

Hi,
    Exactly same problem here ! And google doesn't help....

Thank's in advance !
    Rickko

3. eweri

eweri Bit poster

I was able to install Snow Leopard Server but it is unusable - it always got hung and stutters. Sometimes it works with got speed for a few seconds an than got hung again. Looks to me something in the network is buggy.

But booting takes 6-10 minutes, a long time it looks like nothing happens - no disk access SLS just sits in the VM and nothing happens.

At the moment I think it is unusable.

Running Parallels Desktop 4.0.3846

4. Anthony Compton

Anthony Compton Bit poster

I got SLS installed once....

I am unable to use OS X 10.6 Server in Parallels. I have tried several times. I have these facts so far:

1. Setup routine will not complete. I usually receive an error the a component was not able to be configured or my Key Chain is corrupt.
    2. I was able to complete the install once by creating a fixed size virtual disk and booting while holding "32". The setup took about 2 hours to complete. I installed Parallels Tools in hopes of improving performance. I was not able to boot the machine after installing parallels tools. Subsequent attempts to repeat the install have failed.
    3. I have successfully installed Snow Leopard Server to my MacBook using an external USB drive.
    4. Virtual machines for Linux, Windows 7, and Windows XP work well.

Suggestions?

5. sempercliff

sempercliff Bit poster

Success

I was able to install SLS - installation was sluggish, but not overly slow (perhaps 30 minutes). This is probably due to the fact that my iMac only has 2 GB of physical memory, only half of which was devoted to Parallels, and the system requirements for SLS are 2 GB just for itself. Things are a tad sluggish, but once again not overly so - boot times are around 1.5 minutes, applications open in a decent amount of time - no troubles there. Once again, I've no doubt that this is due to this being a 1.83 GHz Core Duo iMac. The problem I am having is getting bridged networking to work. I've tried setting the IP address in SLS both manually and using DHCP; it has no access to the internet in either case, but when set to use DHCP it seems to pull the correct settings from the router. Playing with the DNS server address does not change this (but was my only thought on the matter). Any thoughts on this matter?

6. sempercliff

sempercliff Bit poster

Version

Btw, I'm running 4.0.3846

7. rverdi

rverdi Bit poster

same issue here, corrupt keychain error. wont accept my password.