Snow Leopard Server guest, install in Parallels 10 on Yosemite, Fails - won't boot in VM

Discussion in 'macOS Virtual Machine' started by neo_con, Nov 4, 2014.

1. neo_con

neo_con Bit poster

Everything about the Parallels installation and creation of a new virtual machine works fine, and the machine can see the DVD drive and the 10.6.8 Server Installation Disk in it. But when it attempts to boot the Installer Disk in the virtual machine, I get -- almost too briefly to catch it -- this error message: Boot Failed. EFI Hard Drive | Boot Failed. EFI DVD/CDROM | PXE DHCP. Machine is a MacBook Pro 2012 with a large, clean, new partition and clean new installation of Yosemite without any problems. Very frustrating. (FWIW, I can't get this to work in the latest Virtual Box, either. I have not tried VMWare Fusion; I have only an old version of it used for a Windows install elsewhere.) TIA

2. Tom_Schaffer

Tom_Schaffer Bit poster

I'm having the same problem, did you ever resolve it? I'm so frustrated, I was able to in stall SLS in VMware Fusion, but when I use the VM, it won't recognize any installation files, so I am basically still not able to use Rosetta.