Snow Leopard guest OS can't use coherence or resize window

Discussion in 'macOS Virtual Machine' started by karendesign, Jan 20, 2015.

1. karendesign

karendesign Junior Member

I have a Snow Leopard Server guest OS but it does not permit coherence (grayed out) and will not allow me to change either its window size or resolution. Didn't the Parallels KB mention that 10.6.x would resolve coherence problems? This makes running multiple apps--from whose windows I often cut and paste from/to each other--nearly impossible. It also makes default text sizes (some of which cannot be changed) ridiculously large. What's wrong?

2. cdoublejj

cdoublejj Member

NO VM software has 3d acceleration for snow leopard, you can thank apple for that.

3. karendesign

karendesign Junior Member

I had no idea 3D acceleration had anything to do with it. Test of virtual non-server Snow Leopard (in a previous version of Parallels) DID allow both coherence and window resizing! And both have been available in my virtual Windows (not at that machine today to see if coherence has somehow vanished; I have resized guest OS window). I expected coherence to remain a basic feature of Parallels.

4. cdoublejj

cdoublejj Member

Then i may be way off base, the only other thing i can think of is if the parallels tools are not installed. Another thing i can think of is some stuff in the sever version of SL has to be installed manually or told to be installed manually, some stuff you take for granted it non server is installed of the SL disc by default but, with server this is not the case so as to save on resources like RAM.

I supposed one possibility could be a maybe a service that parallels tools relies on may be missing by default. it may not be the issue at all what so ever.

5. macdocsc

macdocsc Bit poster

Hello, I am running high sierra on my laptop, parallel desktop 15, and within parallels I'm running snow leopard server, The display resolution within Snow Leopard, only has 1024 x 7 68, I would like to run a higher resolution but I have not been able to, I have tried to install parallel tools, it seems to install them, at least it goes through the motions, But I still have a little caution symbol in the upper right hand corner saying to install parallel tools, thank you for any help you may be able to give me.