Slow, programs shut down:( help!!!!

Discussion in 'macOS Virtual Machine' started by ZacharyH, Sep 1, 2010.

1. ZacharyH

ZacharyH Bit poster

I have Parallels Desktop 5 for mac, I use that on my iMac, and i use it for windows vista, but it goes rather slow, the mac is very fast, but windows is not, lots of times what happens is, (example) I have used pinnacle movie maker 11, and when i add videos to the time-line, the program shuts down. other things like that happen. whats wrong?
    Oh, the vista I'm using is meant for a PC, so maybe that's why, but I'm not sure.

2. joevt

joevt Forum Maven

Does your iMac have at least 4 GB of RAM? The more RAM you have, the faster things will run.

All Windows operating systems are meant for PC's. That's why we bought Parallels Desktop. If you mean that it's an OEM version - I don't think that matters. I think the only difference between an OEM version and a retail version is the license key but to be sure you would have to compare your installer disk to a retail version.

3. KhairulR

KhairulR Bit poster

The moment I click on Autocad 2011, my whole mac book pro hangs.. I just bought my mac about 1 month ago.. So all the specs are great! Hope someone can help me solve this problem. Autocad is essential for my work

4. joevt

joevt Forum Maven

Maybe create a new thread titled something like "Autocad 2011 hangs whole Mac Book Pro". Make sure to create it in the correct forum. Mac OS X Guest OS Discussion means running Mac OS X in a virtual machine. Perhaps try the "Windows Guest OS Discussion" forum.