SimCity 4 Rush Hour and Parallels 6.0

Discussion in 'macOS Virtual Machine' started by Stefano71, Apr 14, 2011.

1. Stefano71

Stefano71 Bit poster

This is my first post so I hope I am using the correct forum.

One of my favorite games, SimCity 4 Rush Hour (for PC) does not appear to work too well with Parallels. I was able to install it and the 7 year old patch but when it comes to playing that is where the problems start.

I can start the game just fine, and even play but it seems like there are some problems with the graphics. I can't move around the city easily and the window size of Parallels Desktop 6.0 seems to make a big difference as to whether or not I can see the map or just a black screen. I know the game is still running because I can hear the music, I just can't see anything.

I am quite certain that my iMac 27in. running OS 10.6.7 with 2.66 GHz Intel Core i5, 8 GB 1067 MHz, DDR3 Memory can handle the game, but there must be something in the graphic settings that I can change. The resolution, or the rendering (hardware/software) or 16-bit or 32-bit.

I am running the game via Parallels on Windows 7. I had no problems at all running this on a native PC, but with Parallels I guess I have some problems. Any suggestions? I tried looking at other forums and knowledgebases, etc, but all of the posts are from 2008 and earlier.

Thank you.

2. MichaelBuckman

MichaelBuckman Bit poster

I have the same problem, same system but P8. have you found any fix to this?

3. Looran@Parallels

Looran@Parallels Parallels Support

Hi,

Please reinstall Parallels Tools using these instructions: kb.parallels.com/4841

Thanks,
    Looran