'Show page setup options before printing' Missing in Parallels after upgrade to MacOS Sonoma

Discussion in 'Windows Virtual Machine' started by SunilG4, Oct 3, 2023.

1. SunilG4

SunilG4

After Upgrade to MacOS Sonoma 14.0, the 'Show page setup options before printing' is Missing. hence certain essential setup features including page size,Duplex Print is not available. Any workaround?

2. SunilG4

SunilG4

The Image is Posted

Attached Files:

3. OSboots

OSboots Bit poster

Same problem here.

4. SheriH

SheriH

Same Problem here and need this fixed ASAP!

5. OSboots

OSboots Bit poster

I understand now. It seems that Apple's removal of PostScript support in Sonoma is the root cause of the issue and the technical support couldn't provide a solution. That's frustrating.

6. ThomasS96

ThomasS96 Bit poster

Same problem here. We use a versatile Sharp MFP with various finishing options. Not been able to access the page setup dialog on the Mac side to control finishing is a show stopper. We absolutely need this functionality back ASAP.

7. coluz_ldz

coluz_ldz Bit poster

Same problem. :(

8. Avinash Bundhoo

Avinash Bundhoo Staff Member

Hello!

The 'Show page setup before printing' and 'Print to PDF Mac' options have been dropped in Parallels Desktop 19 running on Mac computers with Sonoma as a main OS. It's done due to the changes introduced by Apple in the Sonoma release. Parallels Desktop used macOS frameworks to make these options work, but it's no longer possible to do that on macOS Sonoma.

Anyway, we've introduced a new printing feature - IPP printing, that brings additional printing options and a more stable experience. If you're used to work with the 'Print to PDF' option, you can use the 'Microsoft Print to PDF' option as a workaround. It doesn't work for all paper sizes (e.g., if you use a CAD application in Windows and need to save the file in A0/A1 format, which are yet to be supported in Microsoft Print to PDF) but you can print the file directly from the VM and select the needed size right from there.

9. GlenK

GlenK Bit poster

You talk about a new printing feature "IPP Printing" I am using win XP VM on A Sonoma machine. How can I print with that combination?

10. daves22

daves22 Bit poster

i would also like to know this. I just spent $$$ for an upgrade just so I can print and now this? It would have been nice if the pop up ads to sell me an upgrade so I can print would have told me that it wouldn't work for XP.

dave

11. daves22

daves22 Bit poster

to add more to this:
    I can print by using a windows 10VM
    In XP >> control panel >> Printer and Faxes I can see the printer and when I open the print queue I can see a job spool through but then it disappears.

12. Robbiesaviour

Robbiesaviour Bit poster

Upgraded to a new Mac which arrived yesterday. Set everything up, upgraded Parallels, shoehorned Sage Accounts (32bit as 64bit does not work on ARM based processors (another journey of discovery)) and now find this. Disappointing to say the least. Being able to route every print action through the default Mac print dialog provided a whole host of benefits which are now lost. printing to a pdf into a specific folder with a folder action to simply open in the default application seems to be the only way forward should that help anyone.