Sharing Windows Disks in OS X 10.10 beta

Discussion in 'macOS Virtual Machine' started by DanCor, Aug 15, 2014.

1. DanCor

DanCor Bit poster

I have noticed that when running Windows 7 in Parallels 9 (latest build), the windows folder is no longer accessible as it previously was. Parallels is configured to share the drive with the Mac OS and to mount the drive to the desktop. I am not seeing the C drive showing up under /Volumes any more nor is the drive mounting and showing up on the desktop.

2. Manoj@Parallels

Manoj@Parallels Parallels Support Parallels Support

3. DanCor

DanCor Bit poster

Hi! Thank you for the suggestion. I followed the instructions and was not able to see the volume available for access from my Mac. I am running the latest developer build of OS X Yosemite.

4. abetam

abetam Bit poster

I'm having the same problem since Yosemite DP5. Windows Virtual Disk won't mount on Finder. Reinstalling the Parallels Tools didn't change anything.

5. DanCor

DanCor Bit poster

The solution at present seems to be to upgrade to Parallels 10 as this has resolved the issue of not being able to access the Windows drive. It now shows up under the /Volumes directory (for those who use command prompt) and also shows up in the Finder. I noticed though that the drive does not show up on the desktop even though I have configured to do so. It's not a big deal for me but it's a bug.

6. abetam

abetam Bit poster

As with @Dancor, I have solved the problem with 49.99. Now, my development workflow is back to normal.

7. TJM123

TJM123 Bit poster

I'm having this exact problem with Parallels 9 (latest) and the release of Yosemite. I refuse to pay $50 to make this thing work AS IT USED TO! Parallels team - get your act together on this one. I have no problem moving to one of the handful of other virtualization apps out there for MacOS if you continue to force me to upgrade and remove features when I don't...

8. Myself_-_Chuong_Nguyen

Myself_-_Chuong_Nguyen Bit poster

I have the same issue !!! Parallels please fix the issue.

9. Manoj@Parallels

Manoj@Parallels Parallels Support Parallels Support

Hi all,
    Please generate a Problem Report ID as suggested at http://kb.parallels.com/9058 and provide us the Problem Report ID number, so we can check it for you.