Shared folder permissions Parallels 10, Yosemite Host, Snow leopard server guest

Discussion in 'macOS Virtual Machine' started by CostasM1, Feb 4, 2015.

1. CostasM1

CostasM1 Bit poster

Parallels 10.1.3 (28868). Parallels tools installed on SL guest. Under Sharing i have tried Home Folder only, Custom folders.... and a combination of both. When adding folders on the host i specify Read Write under permissions. however the Finder on the guest shows me that the contents of the shared folders are not writable. BTW these folders are under the home directory on the host. Also if i specify folders such as Desktop or Documents from the host home folder, I can see them under the Shared Folders of the guest, but they have they red stop sign on them and i can't even open them.
    I saw a post for Parallels 9 where it was mentioned that folders cannot be shared between host and guest if they are both OSX. Is this still true?

Thank you,
    Costas

2. JeremyC1

JeremyC1 Bit poster

I am having the same problem running SL server under Yosemite. Did you ever find a solution?

Jeremy

3. CostasM1

CostasM1 Bit poster

The only way around it that i could find is to log in to the host Yosemite from SL using "connect to server" with my host account credentials. For now it gets me the whole home folder. I guess i could set the folders I need as shared in the host just so that i can get to them faster.

Costas

4. JeremyC1

JeremyC1 Bit poster

Ah yes, that totally works. Thanks! Amazing how many questions here on the forums go unanswered. Not impressed with their tech support so far.

5. CostasM1

CostasM1 Bit poster

Glad to help. Ditto on the tech support. :(