Safari 4.0.3 links opening in Windows

Discussion in 'macOS Virtual Machine' started by AshleyH, Sep 24, 2009.

1. AshleyH

AshleyH Bit poster

I am currently running Parallels 4 on Mac OS 10.6. My only recent issue is with Safari. For some reason when opening a link within Safari (managed by Kodak's D2L system) it automatically forces the file to open within Windows and not in the Mac environment. The file loads the .jnlp file on the Windows side instead of the Mac. How do I force the java to load within the Mac environment?

Thanks!

2. SherryC

SherryC Bit poster

I am having the same problem as Ashley. Ashley, did you ever find a solution?
    My problem occurred when I was opening Smart Review(Java applet I think) with Prinergy InSite in Explorer in the PC environment. It popped up a window to either open or save a file named SmartReview.jnlp (Type: jnlp_auto_file). I thought maybe it needed this in order to work since I hadn't ever tried. So, I tried both, and neither worked on the PC environment in Explorer.
    I went back to my Mac environment, which has worked flawlessly (until now), and suddenly, when I open Smart Review, it transfers immediately to the Windows environment and tries to open in Explorer. I have thrown the .jnlp file in the trash and emptied it, but that didn't help. Any ideas?