Retina display with OS X Mavericks guest.

Discussion in 'macOS Virtual Machine' started by AGNYVM, Mar 14, 2014.

1. AGNYVM

AGNYVM Bit poster

Parallels Build 9.0.24217 (Revision 979618)
    OS X 10.9.2 (13C64) (host and guest)

MacBook Pro Retina, 15-inch, Late 2013
    Processor 2.6 GHz Intel Core i7
    Memory 16 GB 1600 MHz DDR3
    Graphics NVIDIA GeForce GT 750M 2048 MB

1. Installed Parallels tools. If I change the guest OS window size the resolution does not automatically adjust. I tired changing the graphics options in the guest OS and Parallels configuration and cannot get a proper Retina display that scales to the current window size.
    2. I tired to increase the graphics memory for the guest OS but anything >= 256MB results in the guest crashing as soon as it starts booting. The Apple logo appears briefly and then Parallels reports an error and offers to submit an error report.

Any insights are appreciated.

2. AGNYVM

AGNYVM Bit poster

3. Mac Youser

Mac Youser Bit poster

I have the same issue. Have you been able to get Retina resolution in OSX guest on parallels?

4. AGNYVM

AGNYVM Bit poster

Support sent me the following kb about issue #1. It basically says anything other than Windows is not supported in Retina at this time.

http://kb.parallels.com/115136

Is dynamic resolution working for you when you re-size the guest window?

5. Mac Youser

Mac Youser Bit poster

I'm not sure what you are asking.

6. AGNYVM

AGNYVM Bit poster

When you re-size the guest OS window does the guest OS change resolution to fit? I cannot get OS X Mavericks as guest to do this, it just stretches the display.

7. Mac Youser

Mac Youser Bit poster

When I was trying it last night it would not stretch to fit. I had black bars on both sides of the display. From memory the resolution was around 1000x900. I don't remember exact specs. I'm fine without full retina, but I would think it should at least be standard resolution and wide screen.

8. Mac Youser

Mac Youser Bit poster

Are you able to get guest OSX to go full screen? What resolution do you get?