PSF driver changing file attribute semantics on Windows

Discussion in 'macOS Virtual Machine' started by Gil_Peeters, Nov 17, 2014.

1. Gil_Peeters

Gil_Peeters Bit poster

Hey All,

I am seeing some inconsistency in how a 'hidden' file is handled if seen through a \\psf share on a Windows Client VM looking back at an OSX drive..

I am seeing the problem because my workflow is to checkout and edit files in native OSX and then running powershell scripts in the Windows VM..
    As I am using PowerShell Commandlets delivered by members of my team that run just native Windows I am seeing inconsistent behaviours when I run the scripts on a PSF share path versus a native windows VM drive.

If I checkout my code on a native Windows drive (from a git repo) files and directories that start with a '.' (i.e. hidden files in *nix) e.g. 'the .git' directory.. they show up as normal files (i.e. no hidden attribute).. The PowersShell scripts use the 'Get-ChildItem' commandlet to copy a number of files out.. in this case these '.' files are treated as normal files.. all is well..

However if I checkout the code natively on an OSX drive and run the PowerShell script in Windows on a \\PSF share (which is my preferred workflow) , the '.' files and directories are treated as hidden.. which effects the behaviour of the 'Get-ChildItem' commandlets (default only returns only normal files) .. which means I get inconsistent behaviour in the script..

I there a way to change this behaviour in the PSF Driver through a setting or parameter? i.e. don't apply the hidden attribute to files/directories that start with a '.'??

Thx

G./ il Peeters

2. Gil_Peeters

Gil_Peeters Bit poster

Ooops.. should be in Windows Guest OS Discussion...

Sorry!

G./