Problem with MacBook Retina + Dual Dell Monitors

Discussion in 'macOS Virtual Machine' started by FelipeM1, Jul 20, 2016.

1. FelipeM1

FelipeM1 Bit poster

Hello there,
    Greetings from Brazil.

I'm getting a little frustrated here. I will explain in details what i'm trying to do...

Here's my setup:

MacBook Pro Retina Mid 2015
    2 Dell Monitors U2515H Max Res. (2.560 x 1.440 60Hz)
    OSX El Capitan 10.11.6
    Windows 10 Pro

Both monitors are connect to my MacBook with the two Thunderbolt Ports available (Mini Display Port -> Display Port).
    Parallels tools was uninstalled and re-installed several times.

I want to run Parallels in these two external monitors with the default resolution (2.560 x 1.440 60Hz) , but keep my MacBook Retina with the lid open using OSX. Problem is, every time i start the VM with this configuration, Windows won't recognise the correct resolutions. So, i have to close the lid (Clamshell Mode) and starting use Parallels to work. With the MacBook running in Clamshell Mode, Windows recognise both monitors in the correct full resolution without any issue, but i lost the use OSX in my MacBook.

I've tried to drag and re-arrange the Parallels windows between the Monitors, but the OS doesn't recognise it. When the lid is open, Windows 10 recognise the monitors with a resolution higher than they have to properly work. With these resolutions, things get a little blurry and doesn't work smoothly.

Another problem, with the lid open, Windows 10 insists in recognise my MacBook as a third monitor with retina resolution (I think that's why the Windows OS thinks the default monitors resolution is higher than 2560...). I've tried to disable the monitor on my MacBook in Windows 10 Settings, re-arrange and etc etc etc. But, even with the third monitor disabled, the resolution in monitors recognises a high resolution as default.

I've Lost some kind of information here? I've searched all the support database, but it seems that there is no solution...