Print from dual tray

Discussion in 'macOS Virtual Machine' started by migl15, Oct 26, 2011.

1. migl15

migl15 Bit poster

I'm running Parallel 7 on an iMac running Lion. On Parallel 6 with Snow Leopard, I could print pdf files from Adobe using the 'select tray based on paper size' option (or words to that effect). It worked fine and my docs would print legal or letter size just fine. Now it all comes in letter size. That's what Adobe in the Mac does. I'm printing to a Brother DCP8080DN with two trays. I've loaded the driver to Windows and can print to it. I just can't use the option mentioned above.

Anybody have any clues/suggestions? Thanks

Last edited: Oct 26, 2011
  2. nieves

nieves Bit poster

help as well

Does anyone know how to print from dual trays on parallels I have brother MFC 8890 and I am trying to print from Dual trays I selected the tray one for letter and tray 2 for legal it is not reading it when it prints it comes out letter only...help please and thank you

3. migl15

migl15 Bit poster

Hi Nieves, are you using Adobe Reader on Windows? There's an option when you are printing to "Chose paper size by PDF page size". It only works on Windows, that option is not available on Adobe on a Mac.

4. nieves

nieves Bit poster

Correct I am using adobe on window and yes I checked the box and still nothing I even set the trays in the printer setting to say tray one letter and tray two legal am I missing another step?

5. nieves

nieves Bit poster

will crossover work for dual tray printing

6. migl15

migl15 Bit poster

Please click one of the Quick Reply icons in the posts above to activate Quick Reply.

7. nieves

nieves Bit poster

Okay I found quick reply thanks so does cross over work well with dual trays???

8. migl15

migl15 Bit poster

Sorry, sent an empty reply. I don't know what cross over is. I do remember that one time I had the same problem you mentioned but I don't really remember if just re-setting the trays in menu was the answer.

9. nieves

nieves Bit poster

Okay thank you