Persona 4 Golden Missing Objects/Textures on M1 Pro

Discussion in 'General Questions' started by AshvinR, Oct 16, 2023.

1. AshvinR

AshvinR Bit poster

Trying to run Persona 4 Golden in Windows 11 on my M1 Pro MacBook Pro. The game runs and menus look fine, but when I load a save, the game is unplayable because of missing objects/textures. I've tried the "video.untrimmed_dynamic_cbuffers=1" fix detailed here, but the issue persists. Strangely, it doesn't occur in VMWare Fusion, and I've seen videos of people running Persona 4 Golden just fine on Parallels, so I know the issue must be on my end.

Attached Files:

2. Colin11

Colin11 Bit poster

Did you ever find a fix for this?

3. AshvinR

AshvinR Bit poster

Nope

4. Avinash Bundhoo

Avinash Bundhoo Staff Member

Hello Ashvin,
    In order to proceed with further investigation, kindly provide us with the below information:
    1. Reproduce the issue.
    2. Collect a technical report (right-click Parallels icon in Dock > Help > Send technical data > check "Attach screenshots..." > press Send Report) and send the report's 9-digit ID in a reply.
    Thank you!

5. AshvinR

AshvinR Bit poster

It's 447536888

6. OscarB6

OscarB6 Bit poster

I've the same problem in Windows 11 on my M2 Pro MacBook Pro, 16GB.
    Thank you.

7. WilliamA22

WilliamA22 Bit poster

Is this still not fixed? Really looking forward to grinding P4G on my Macbook but this happened.

8. YoshiakiK

YoshiakiK Bit poster

I have the same problem and have not found a solution so far. I'm using an Intel iMac, so the CPU architecture is irrelevant.
    In January 2023, the game significantly upgraded from a 32-bit to a 64-bit executable. Before that, it worked without problems on Parallels Desktop.
    So, there are old videos of people successfully running P4G on Parallels Desktop.

9. KFCS

KFCS

It sounds like you're close to getting it working! Since the issue doesn't occur in VMWare Fusion or Parallels, it could be a settings or compatibility issue specific to your Parallels setup. You might want to try adjusting the graphics settings or reinstalling your Parallels tools to ensure everything is up to date. Also, double-check if your version of Parallels is optimized for M1 hardware. Hope that helps! worms zone pc