Parallels Tools Clipboard History - Issue with Dvorak Layout

Discussion in 'Product updates and feedback' started by KaceyG, Sep 5, 2024.

1. KaceyG

KaceyG Bit poster

I encountered an issue while using Parallels Tools Clipboard History with the English Dvorak keyboard layout on macOS Sonoma 14.6.1 (M1 Max 16"). When using the keyboard shortcut ⌥⌘V, Parallels interpreted the command as ⌥⌘K, due to how the keys are mapped in the Dvorak layout and that the app appears to read the raw keys of the keyboard rather than the letters passed to the applications.

To temporarily mitigate the issue, I customized the shortcut by changing the clipboard history key combination to ⌥⌘. (period, right-angle bracket). This raw input works correctly with the Dvorak layout since the period key aligns with the desired V key placement on Dvorak.

I'm using the Apple wireless keyboard (10-key, F1-F19 layout) with Touch ID.

If anyone else encounters this with other non-QWERTY layouts or faces similar shortcut mapping issues in Parallels Tools, adjusting the shortcut in the Clipboard History preferences panel could help as a workaround until an official fix is implemented.

Key Phrases:
    Parallels Tools Dvorak layout issues
    Clipboard History shortcut fix Dvorak
    Mac keyboard layout raw key issue
    Workaround for non-QWERTY shortcut mapping Parallels

Screenshot of Settings Panel:
    upload_2024-9-5_18-58-41.png

While this is a temporary workaround, I'm hoping Parallels addresses this mapping issue in future updates!