Parallels prevents mounting of NTFS HDD`s in Mac OS El Capitan

Discussion in 'macOS Virtual Machine' started by Theoden, Nov 23, 2016.

1. Theoden

Theoden Bit poster

This very annoying issue I´ve been having for months now...
    If I connect an external NTFS-HDD with my Mac it will mounted perfectly - if my Virtual Windows 7 in Parallels Desktop is not running. In case Parallels is already running when I connect this external HDD - the disk will not mounted in MacOS. I can see and work with this device in the started Win-VM, but it`s not shown under MacOS. I can find it only in the HHD-service program, but not use it in the Mac finder...

I tried it with Tuxera and Paragon NTFS drivers, always the same. If Parallels was shutted down the connectivity of NTFS HDD`s is perfect. If Parallels runs I`ve got (mostly) this problem. For me Parallels 11 causes this issue!
    I`ve never noticed that in the former versions of Parallels...

Do you know about that circumstances?

2. Theoden

Theoden Bit poster

I was grateful to get some helpful advice by any guy from Parallels! There are a view other cases I know they have absolutely the same
    problem like mine. Would be nice by Parallels not to ignore these issues...

3. Theoden

Theoden Bit poster

No support here? So I tried the competitor... What shall I say: VMWare Fusion solved this problem perfectly!
    So my time with Parallels will end now and here.... thanks for nothing.
    My experiences here fit to former contact experiences with the Parallels support: not helpful - and this is too disappointing for the reasonable price I have to pay every new release.
    Bye!