Parallels Not Recognizing USB Devices?

Discussion in 'macOS Virtual Machine' started by Cindy11, Feb 24, 2011.

1. Cindy11

Cindy11 Bit poster

We used to have our Parallels (5.0) running just fine. We could click the USB icon and select the device (printer, MP3 player, cell phone), and Parallels would recognize it.

Recently, we set up a wireless network. Since then, Parallels hasn't worked quite properly. We have to print to the default printer (HP Laserjet 8500), and when we try to connect a phone or other device, it doesn't work.

It asks if we want to associate it with the Mac or the VM, and we tell it VM. It shows it as being selected on the USB menu, but it's just not there, anywhere!

I have a KIN Twom phone which I use Zune to put songs & such on; it doesn't recognize it as being attached. I click on My Computer, and it doesn't show up on the list. Same thing with my Sansa Fuze MP3 player. I used to be able to put songs on it through Rhapsody or Media Player, but not any more.

I can't find any help that addresses this issue. Help?

2. cep

cep Bit poster

Having similar problem. When I connected the device for the first time, it showed up in my Mac's Network Preferences device menu -- it's not a network device, it's a USB device (a data unit for my race bike). Sometimes it shows up in the "Devices, USB, [device name]" but never when I select "configure..." from the same menu. Also, I'm able to assign it to the XP machine (under Parallels, Preferences, USB) but it never shows up in Windows, and the device's software can't connect to the device.

Running Parallels 5, Mac OS X 10.6.8, Windows XP

3. catharsix

catharsix Bit poster

Also having USB problem

Haiving a similar problem. The USB drive isn't showing up at all in my Windows - it simply isn't there as an available drive (only the C drive and the DVD R drive shows up)

Be very glad if someone can suggest a solution. Thanks!

4. jwcreech

jwcreech Bit poster

Similar problem, using an A8 card scanner via USB. The first time I connected it, everything was fine, the device was available in 'My Computer'. Now when I connect it, the device is listed in parallels devices > USB, and is checked, but windows doesn't seem to have access to it.

5. jwcreech

jwcreech Bit poster

I uninstalled and reinstalled the driver, and reset the machine, now it's working.