parallels desktop disappears

Discussion in 'macOS Virtual Machine' started by mikeeast, Sep 25, 2011.

1. mikeeast

mikeeast Bit poster

I am using parallels 6 with Mac 10.6.8

I have an icon that on my mac desktop Windows XP that I used to click on to open the windows desktop. Now when I click on it, it flashes and does not open. They way I get to my windows desktop now is I click on a Parallels Desktop icon in my Mac dock. The problem is that it doesn't open the desktop - a full window with a background screen, a start button on bottom left - everything that is on a normal windows desktop. What I get instead is .... I don't know what it is called but it is something you get to off the start menu - it is two columns of icons. on the left it has recent programs that I have been to and All programs (is this start up menu?), The right column has my documents
    my recent document, my picture, my music, my computer, control panel, search, run and more. I can get to most things from here but it is a pain in the neck.

Did I turn some setting off? If anyone has a answer, it would sure make using parallels much easier for me.

Thanks.

2. joevt

joevt Forum Maven

Your virtual machine is using Coherence view.

http://download.parallels.com/desktop/v6/docs/en/Parallels_Desktop_Users_Guide/23413.htm
    http://download.parallels.com/desktop/v6/docs/en/Parallels_Desktop_Users_Guide/30310.htm

If the Coherence view is set to use Crystal mode, then go to the || menu (right side of the Mac menu bar, left of the Apple provided menu icons) and select Exit Coherence.

The || menu has more options if you hold the option key before clicking it.

If the virtual machine is not set to use Crystal mode, then select Exit Coherence from the View menu.

3. mikeeast

mikeeast Bit poster

thanks

Thank you very much. That solved my problem.