Parallels Desktop 11 with graphics hardware support for OS X guest?

Discussion in 'macOS Virtual Machine' started by BasilB1, Aug 19, 2015.

1. BasilB1

BasilB1 Bit poster

Does the newly announced Parallels Desktop 11 offer any support for a Mac OS X guest to access graphics hardware built into the real Mac?

Using Mavericks and Yosemite (and presumably El Capitan) as a guest OS is sluggish because Mac OS X depends on hardware graphics support. Access to the graphics hardware is not available with Parallels 8, 9, and 11. The older Lion and Mountain Lion worked well enough supposedly because Apple included some kind of fallback library that helped to compensate for lack of access to graphics hardware; apparently Apple omitted that fallback library in the newer OSes. So the place-named versions of OS X are not nearly so peppy in day-to-day usage as the older cat-named versions.

I'm wondering if the situation has changed with Parallels 11. Their documentation about features is quite sparse.

2. Helge Becker

Helge Becker Junior Member

No, its actually worse. I do strongly suggest to look elsewhere or wait till the situation gets better.

briansk likes this.
  3. AndreL

AndreL Junior Member

hi

as far as I know you only get basic graphic support
    I believe from the email I've got when testing P11b from support this is not in the pipeline.
    hence forget about games or else.