Parallels App click and drag?

Discussion in 'Other Virtual machines' started by Demonlawyer, Jan 7, 2013.

1. Demonlawyer

Demonlawyer Bit poster

Apologies for the newbie question but is it possible to click and drag items on an iPad using the Parallels app? If so how? Not sure the best forum to post this question in either - I can't see an iPad/App thread.

Thanks

2. Andrew@Parallels

Andrew@Parallels Parallels Team

3. Demonlawyer

Demonlawyer Bit poster

Thanks. I can't see how to click and drag though (Page 17 has the mouse control features but it isn't one of them).

I can access my machine remotely and, for example, open finder, but I want to be able to resize and move the finder window. With a mouse on my mac it would be click either the top or the bottom right corner and drag to move or re-size. I can't seem to do that via the iPad and can't see how it can be done. So in short I can't move the finder window from where it chooses to pop up, and I can't scroll down the list of folders where the list is longer than the window.

4. Andrew@Parallels

Andrew@Parallels Parallels Team

5. JerodD

JerodD Bit poster

So the answer is no. That really limits what can be done with an operating system. Especially one built on gesture like OSX. The mobile app needs a serious overhaul.

Why not just write touch screen drivers for OSX and translate the touch input from the iPad 1:1? I would love to use the trackpad gestures in OSX on the screen. I would also really love to just be able to click and drag for resizing windows inside of Windows using the snap feature. Without the ability to click and drag I can't use the iPad for anything useful.

That really is a big deal. I can't use Android on the ipad at all, considering the lock screen needs a click and drag function to open. I hope there is something in the works to resolve this. Parallels is a wonderful solution for virtualization and this app does not at all match the quality of the desktop experience.

Last edited: Apr 28, 2013
  6. baltobikeboi

baltobikeboi Bit poster

A year later and this is still not implemented. How is one supposed to move a file around on the desktop, to say Dropbox etc. fail. Again. Sorry, but am tired of asking for the most basic of features and being expected to pay for substandard software.