Parallels 9 Upgrade and Snow Leopard Server (OSX 10.6.8)

Discussion in 'macOS Virtual Machine' started by Scuba John, Oct 24, 2013.

1. Scuba John

Scuba John Bit poster

I have been running very nicely SL Server (10.6.8) on my MacBookPro running Lion (10.8.5), now I want to upgrade to Mavericks and I have been getting a warning from Parallels about having to upgrade to v9 before I install, otherwise it will break and not run.

I have no problem upgrading, but I need to know if 10.6.8 will continue to run on Parallels 9. I use it to run an old FMP database and it's essential that it runs.

I know that it will not run SL OS non-server version, but I have purchased a copy of the server software and it's so perfect I hate to mess with it. It runs better now than it ever has before, even when it was straight out of the box in 2000 or whenever!

I can't find any information on the company's website about this, it's mostly talk about Windows compatibility.

On the other hand, I don't see anywhere where it states that it WONT run, so I'm probably safe, but sure would like to know that I'm OK before I go through the hassle of moving everything and getting it set up again.

I sent an email to the company but didn't receive a response.

Any help would be appreciated, thanks.

2. Specimen

Specimen Product Expert

3. Scuba John

Scuba John Bit poster

Excellent, thanks for the link! I very much appreciate this good news.