Parallels 6 - Don't bother

Discussion in 'macOS Virtual Machine' started by Michael Ferris, Nov 28, 2010.

1. Michael Ferris

Michael Ferris Member

My experience with Parallels 6

To begin I want to say I am really upset with the "WHOA" advertising slipped into my Parallels 5 startup. After I purchase a product it is mine and you guys have no right to stick advertising in it.

That said, I bought into the hype and thought I'd upgrade... I believed the increase in performance etc. It didn't happen.

I paid, downloaded and installed...

I have a Macbook Pro.. new.. running 10.6.5 and I already have Windoze 7 (God help me) running on it.

After my "Successful" (according to the install script) install...

Refuses to go into Coherence
    Refuses to load Tools
    Refuses to load Aero (tells me video card is not compatible... bullshit... runs on Parallels 5 just fine)
    Screen display is all screwed up
    Absolutely no performance increase at all

You'd think I'd learn after my horrible experience installing Parallels 5... but no... stupid me.

I've issues 3 Problem Reports issued and so far - no response.

I would like a refund.

2. Michael Ferris

Michael Ferris Member

Please click one of the Quick Reply icons in the posts above to activate Quick Reply.

3. Michael Ferris

Michael Ferris Member

OK... just a quick update, if anyone cares...

It's taken me now 2 days to get Parallels 6 working properly and it now appears happy, so I'm happy. My only issue is the same as it was when I went to Parallels 5... no support. I have 3 requests in and yet not one of them has been answered. This is the sad reality on how the product is supported. As with 5, I had to figure this all out myself.

The nice thing is though this will probably be my last upgrade as I intend to remove ALL of Microsoft product from my life and therefore won't be needed Parallels at all in the near future. Hurray..!!!

4. alev

alev Parallels Team

Hello, Michael!

I need to inform you that Problem Reports are not considered as support requests. Their aim is to give necessary technical data to support and developers.

However, we found that we didn't make our design here clear enough for customers. So we have changed behavior of problem report dialog a bit - now (PD6 - build 11990) when you send a report you will see a dialog with "Request Support" button and some explanations.

I hope that now users will not be in lack of support anymore due to such misunderstanding.

Michael, I glad to see that all of your problems were solved and you are happy with Parallels 6.
    Thank you for your feedback about reports.