Parallels 6 and Ecomstation 2.0 GA

Discussion in 'Other Virtual machines' started by MrDon, Dec 1, 2010.

1. MrDon

MrDon Bit poster

I have installed ECS 2.0 GA in Parallels 6 after tossing in the towel with Fusion 3.1. I used a 1GB HPFS drive and 128MB ram. At first I thought my printer - Brother MFC-7840W would not work as there are o OS/2 drivers for it. I tried the Laserjet 5 driver to no avail. I turned off the printer and rebooted the guest. I started trying to print but forgot I had powered odd the printer. When i switched on the printer, Parallels provided a "found new hardware" popup which allowed me to attach the printer to the guest. OS/2 then wrote a printer object Brother_MFC_7840W_1 and attached the Laserjet 5 driver and USB port. It seems I have to do this each time I restart the guest, but at least it works. Folder sharing with the host is not supported, but hopefully this will change. I will try setting a flash drive as a hard drive to bridge this deficiency.

Don

2. MrDon

MrDon Bit poster

Performance Update

I just upgraded my 2007 Mac Mini to a 27" iMac with the I7 processor and 4 GB ram. Now that I have some serious hardware in place, my ECS 20 GA virtual machine really rocks. The Mini only had 2 GB ram which was a huge limitation.

Don