parallels 5 chrome os locking up

Discussion in 'Other Virtual machines' started by RussW, Mar 19, 2010.

1. RussW

RussW Bit poster

Anyone else try the chrome os download from the parallels client its self?

I have and its installed. I start it up login and it seems to lock up after 3 minutes each time. Anyone else having this issue?

2. PlaysTheBlues

PlaysTheBlues Bit poster

I am experiencing the exact same problem. I do not have a solution.

3. rvmeush

rvmeush Member

Chrome OS locks up

I can get the Chrome OS to work for a short while, but it inevitably will lock up. I'm looking for suggestions on how to fix this.

4. Jeffrey Hughes

Jeffrey Hughes Bit poster

Same

Same here. I think that's because it's a beta build. It's not officially released.

5. KenK

KenK Bit poster

I downloaded the VMware image from another thread and after the 'Parallels Transporter' job, it seems to work without locking up. But oh my god is it awful. Almost a slideshow when trying to watch a flash video. Scrolling a web page is very jerky. I had high hopes for a quick booting web browser in a sandbox, but this beta is not there yet. It cant possibly be this bad on native hardware so I am wondering why it seems so overwhelmed in a VM. I've tried 2 CPU with 2GB as well as 1 CPU/2GB but there is no change. I'm running on a Mac Pro (8 Core) with 6GB. The rest of my VM's (Redhat, Win7) work splendidly. I hope Parallels or the next release of Chrome OS can get some more speed into this VM. I do enjoy the quick boot up. This image is the Nov 20th build, so maybe I just need to grab a fresher release if there is one.

6. RexW

RexW Bit poster

I can only get it to run for 15-20 seconds before it locks up.

Essentially, I log in, and the second I click on anything - kablamo.

Parallels build 5.0.9344 (rev 558741)
    iMac 27" 2.8GHz Core i7
    8GB RAM

7. Wimpanzee

Wimpanzee Bit poster

I downloaded the Chrome OS through the parallels interface, and I get 2-10 seconds of operation before it freezes.

Macbook pro unibody, 10.6