Parallels 11.2.1 (32626) and Mac Programs Constantly Crashing.

Discussion in 'macOS Virtual Machine' started by HemanA, Aug 5, 2016.

1. HemanA

HemanA Bit poster

Specs:
    MacBook Pro, Retina, 15", 2015
    2.8 GHz Intel Core i7
    16 GB 1600 MHz DDR3
    AMD Radeon R9 M370X 2048MB
    OS X El Capitan (10.11.6)
    Parallels Desktop 11 for Mac Version 11.2.1 (32626)
    Window 8.1 Pro

This have been running great since I started using parallels a year ago. Problem: Ever since my last Parallels update (couple weeks ago), Parallels along with a few programs running on the Mac side (i.e. Chrome, Messenger, Outlook, Photoshop) are constantly crashing. And it almost always does this when my laptop goes to sleep (either by closing the laptop or letting it go to sleep on its own). At first I thought it might be resource (CPU & Memory) issue. But I have not touched any of the parallels settings since I started using it over a year ago. For reference I have 4 of 8 processor, 4 of 16GB of memory, and 512 of 2046MB of graphics memory assigned to Windows. Help?

2. Guna@Parallels

Guna@Parallels Parallels Support

Hi @HemanA
    Please try the below steps and let us know how it goes
    1. Open Disk Utility and run FirstAid on your startup volume:
    Select your MacintoshHD on the left side of the window, select First Aid tab on the right side
    2. Uninstall Parallels Desktop 11 for Mac
    Note: Use PDRemove.zip from the article and the article is also applicable to Parallels Desktop 11 for Mac
    3. Restart Mac and Reinstall Parallels Desktop 11 for Mac
    4. Check your virtual machine configuration . Navigate to Hardware Tab > CPU&Memory > Processor > Allocate 2 Processors
    5. Assign 8 GB of memory to the virtual machine.

3. HemanA

HemanA Bit poster

@Guna@Parallels
    Is there a way to revert back to Parallels 11.2.0? We have 10 people in our office running Parallels. Two of us are on 11.2.1. and have the same issues. The rest are on 11.2.0 with no issues whatsoever.

4. HemanA

HemanA Bit poster

@Guna@Parallels
    2nd question. If I uninstall and reinstall parallels, will I have to reinstall windows and other windows applications?

5. Dhana@Parallels

Dhana@Parallels Parallels Support

Hi HemanA
    When you uninstall Parallels Desktop, your virtual machines won't be affected if they are stored in the usual location:~/Users/[username]/Documents/Parallels folder or
    /Users/Shared/Parallels folder.
    As long as you have your .pvm file secured, there are no possibilities for data loss. So please perform the steps suggested by colleague & let us know how it works, we will be happy to provide further assistance.

If you would still like to revert to previous build, you can use the below link :
    http://download.parallels.com/desktop/v11/11.2.0-32581/ParallelsDesktop-11.2.0-32581.dmg
    Thanks.

6. Jonas Schwartz

Jonas Schwartz Bit poster

Hello. I'm having the same issue. I will uninstall and reinstall Parallels but it does appear that it may be software related as opposed to user related at this point.