P6 under OS 10.6 - Error accessing Hard Disk 0

Discussion in 'macOS Virtual Machine' started by Ctein, Aug 15, 2011.

1. Ctein

Ctein Bit poster

Dear Folks,

I've been running Windows Vista out of my BootCamp partition under P6 successfully for many a moon. It's running on a 2009 iMac under MacOS 10.6.8 (NOT Lion!).

Today, when I launched P6-Vista, AFTER Vista finished launching and loading its desktop and after I launched an application I got an error message from Parallels that:

"An error occurred while accessing the Hard Disk 0 used by 'My Boot Camp'" "error ID PRL_ERR_DISK_READ_FAILED (80021029), errno=5 (Input/output error)"

and I should either retry or shut down. At the same time the Parallels alias to my bootcamp partition disappeared from my MacOS desktop. Repeated retries failed, as did repeated relaunches of Parallels. I shut down, rebooted the system, ran a disk check on the bootcamp partition; it all checks out fine.

P6 is up to date as is Parallels Tools; this may be the first time I've used P6 since it installed its Lion-related update patch. I reran the Parallel tools installer (successfully) just in case. Made no difference.

I can boot my iMac into bootcamp directly, and Vista is running fine there. This does not appear to be a problem with the bootcamp partition nor the physical hard drive.

This is new, never happened before. Any idea how to get P6 to start working properly again?

Help!

pax / Ctein

2. carlwain74

carlwain74 Bit poster

I'm getting the same problem here on my iMac. I even installed a new OS and within a few hours I got the same problem! I ran a check on my Mac HDD and no issues were observed.

Sorry I'm running P7, but I think it probably does not matter seeing as we are getting the same problem.