OS X Leopard Server Networking Problem

Discussion in 'macOS Virtual Machine' started by Maxokap, Mar 11, 2014.

1. Maxokap

Maxokap Bit poster

Hello,

I have installed Parallels Desktop 9 and Guest OS: OS X Leopard 10.5 Server. Everything works fine, except the network connection. I am unable to add network locations/interfaces in the Network Panel, which I think is caused due to the fact that it can't identify my ethernet card. I have been digging into it for the whole day. I found one strange thing about IONetworkingFamily. When I check kextstat, I notice that version 1.5 is loaded, while in the /System/Library/Extensions I have 1.6 version. I do not really know from where 1.5 version is being loaded.

I am using trial version of Parallels Desktop at the moment so I can determine whether it works properly. On the other hand I have installed VMWare Fusion 6 with the same OS X Leopard 10.5 Server and everything works including the network interface. The only thing is that VMWare takes around x1.5 more RAM than Parallels and I would prefer to use Parallels.

Anyone could try to help me? Thank you very much in advance.

Note: Sorry I posted this in wrong section, kindly ask you to transfer it to Mac OS Guest Discussion.

Last edited: Mar 11, 2014
  2. Looran@Parallels

Looran@Parallels Parallels Support