OS/2 Warp 4

Discussion in 'Other Virtual machines' started by JuergenK, Jun 25, 2009.

1. JuergenK

JuergenK Bit poster

Hi
    i will install OS/" Warp4 in Parallels 4 Mac.
    But the Warp CD is not bootable und with the Floppydisk the is a break after changing the first Fd.

How to install Warp in Parallels?
    please help and give me Instuction!!

sorry for my bad English..... it is very funny :)

Juergen

2. JuergenK

JuergenK Bit poster

hi
    is there no help?

3. liv2cod

liv2cod Member

You must make an image of the installation disk and attach it during the boot up. You can use the Mac Disk Tool to create the image. The software image of the CD will boot and load even though the physical CD will not.

4. Gerald Meazell

Gerald Meazell Bit poster

Disk Images

There are two boot disks in a typical OS/2 Installation. Once disk 0 boots, you are asked for Disk 1. Disk 1 will either install from CD or continue to the next disk. So, my questions are as follows:

1) How can you "change" the disk when disk 0 has finished booting and it asks for Disk 1?

2) You say you can use the Mac disk tool to make an image, but you don't say how. On the Warp CD, there are images in .img format. Will the disk tool read those? If not, how can I make an image from a 3.5" floppy when the Mac has no such drive?

5. mvcube

mvcube Member

Changing floppies is easy. You need to have alle the neccessary images in a folder and can simply drag them on the floppy disk icon in Parallels (at least in PD5). Or right click the floppy icon and attach the next image file. To get access to your mouse while installing, press Alt+Ctrl to release mouse and keyboard.