OS/2 Stuck Clock -- build 3844 no help

Discussion in 'Other Virtual machines' started by liv2cod, May 9, 2009.

1. liv2cod

liv2cod Member

Are we EVER going to get a fix for this? We have an application that relies on monotonically increasing timestamps and we're dead in the water with Parallels. Please give this some priority. We OS/2 users are a patient bunch, but really -- hasn't there been enough time to get to this one?

2. ilembcke

ilembcke Junior Member

Make sure that you report it as a problem, get a problem ID and post the ID here.
    There is a simple way to do so, when the VM with OS/2 is running, in the Menu Parallels - Help.
    See also my last reply on http://forum.parallels.com/showthread.php?t=31631

Not to repeat myself here too much, but after waiting more than 5 months, the last update did nothing for me.
    My problem ID 27467 !

3. liv2cod

liv2cod Member

Mid July -- still no word or solution.

This is getting old.

4. liv2cod

liv2cod Member

Build 3846 no help either

And so it goes.

5. ilembcke

ilembcke Junior Member

Yup, still stuck Clock. One suggestion, which requires a bit of testing: install time868 and set it to poll time every 5min. this will help. But I had hard time finding a server from the list, that worked. For some reason it did not work with the ntpd from Mac OS X, but I think it should have. See also my reply in thread: http://forum.parallels.com/showthread.php?t=31631

6. liv2cod

liv2cod Member

Done with Parallels

Well, Parallels Desktop 4.0, the only version I have access to, will never see the "stuck clock" fix. According to Parallel support:

7. liv2cod

liv2cod Member

I can report that VirtualBox on Mac has no stuck clock issue. Highly recommended over Parallels for OS/2 users. Did I mention it's free? Unlike the upgrade from Parallels 4 to Parallels 5? I have found a new VM and it works for me.