OpenSUSE Leap 42.1 black window

Discussion in 'macOS Virtual Machine' started by James Rome, Nov 14, 2015.

1. James Rome

James Rome Hunter

After yesterday's Parallel's update, my Leap updated Parallels Tools. But when it updates and restarts, the window is black and I cannot do anything. The aspect ratio of the window is locked, so I suspect that the tools update did not work.
    How do I recover from this?

2. I have same or similar problem on Parallels 11 ... I think the move to Linux 4 kernel is causing Parallels Tools some problems. It runs fine without the Tools installed.

3. James Rome

James Rome Hunter

Engineering is looking at it. Tumbleweed does not work either.

4. James Rome

James Rome Hunter

But Parallels needs to test all major distributions. I had to work through two levels of support before they believed me.

5. JoeG3

JoeG3 Bit poster

Completely agreed...kind of a shame that Parallels is being so lazy. No wonder folks are moving towards VirtualBox and other virtualization methods on Mac...

That being said, I believe the issue may lie in the installation of one of the prereqs for the parallels tools, which is dkms. I haven't ripped into their installer, but rather noted that it needed a few items, and I manually installed them from the proper openSUSE and/or OBS repos, after that, the tools seemed to install properly.