keyboard problem

Discussion in 'macOS Virtual Machine' started by fishavenue, Nov 27, 2008.

1. fishavenue

fishavenue Bit poster

after installing // 4 on my mac os, the aluminum keyboard '=' sign above the number 8 on the keypad becomes non functional in all parallels aps, The key does work in mac aps, but not // aps. Can someone help. I do not know how to map keys.

2. Flagg

Flagg Hunter

Hello,

go to Parallels Desktop -> Preferences -> Keyboard and Mouse, select the Mac OS X profile and add a mapping by clicking on the "+" button below the mappings list. In the new window type above what you are pressing and below what you want to be typed.

3. fishavenue

fishavenue Bit poster

it didnt work

I did what you asked, and changed the = key above the '8' to the other = key (common with the '+' key), and for good measure changed the '/' key above the 9 on the keyboard to the letter W. None of them took affect even after rebooting parallels. In the preferences keyboard window, I can see both of these changes have been made as shown in Virtual Machine Shortcuts. I think maybe that these are not really key changes, but shortcut changes. Any more ideas would be appreciated by me.

Thanks for your resonse

4. fishavenue

fishavenue Bit poster

keyboard problem is now fixed

I found a download called key tweak, and there was an apple '=' key that I mapped using that program, and voila, it worked, and it was free. Happy turkey day.

Thanks so much for your response.

Bob

5. MetteH

MetteH Bit poster

none of the signs work in windows

I have parallels desktop 5 for my Mac, but when I run windows 7 I can't use the keyboard signs. Numbers and letters work fine, but not the signs which means I can't program or anything