Issues with Parallels Tools 9 and Leopard Server Guest

Discussion in 'macOS Virtual Machine' started by Darrellicte, Mar 23, 2014.

1. Darrellicte

Darrellicte Bit poster

I was previously running Leopard as a guest O/S under Parallels Desktop 8 with no issues, but after upgrading to Parallels Desktop 9, Parallels Tools will no longer install properly on this guest. The installer seems to run, but then when it gets to the end and displays a 2-minute timer, the "Restart" button in that dialog is not clickable. The timer goes all the way down to 1 second, then stops (the guest O/S is not restarted, as it should be.) I restarted the guest O/S manually, but then Parallels Tools were not running once it booted up.

Everything works fine with a Snow Leopard guest.

2. Mesozoid

Mesozoid Bit poster

Hello,
    I have exactly the same issue and I have opened a ticket to the support. I hope they still care about Leopard Server. I really need this and not Snow.

Last edited: Mar 30, 2014
  3. Mesozoid

Mesozoid Bit poster

What is not said here is that my host runs Mavericks 10.9.2. I've never tried with an earlier release and I can't.

4. Mesozoid

Mesozoid Bit poster

The latest build (http://kb.parallels.com/fr/117225) comes with a fix for Mac OS X 10.5 guests. So they still care about it...
    Parallel Tools installer behaves the same. I have to restart the VM manually and the get the message in the windows footer that they are not installed. Anyway, I have recovered copy-paste feature between host and guest...

5. Mesozoid

Mesozoid Bit poster

Unfortunately, that was a short term feature. Now, the copy-paste daemon crashes every time I reboot the VM. I have a crash report in my Library/logs folder.

6. Mesozoid

Mesozoid Bit poster

Then I just run manually the process copypaste in the guest's terminal as below. That's an ugly way but it no longer crashes and that works.

/Library/Parallels\ Guest\ Tools/copypaste

I've tried "nohup /Library/Parallels\ Guest\ Tools/copypaste &" to allow the copypaste process not to stop when the terminal window is closed, but it generates a bus error...

Last edited: Apr 12, 2014