Is PARALLELS able to work with Cadd and Band In The Box (PG Music)?

Discussion in 'macOS Virtual Machine' started by CyOorb, Mar 18, 2014.

1. CyOorb

CyOorb Bit poster

Hi,
    I have not spotted this question, if it has been asked previously, please point me in that direction.
    BOOTCAMP has proved too much for my MacBook Air, so I am seeking help to be able to use a Cadd (probably Autocad) and the PG Music package, Band In The Box with PARALLELS. Does anybody know if this can be done?
    CyOorb.

2. Specimen

Specimen Product Expert

What do you mean by "BOOTCAMP has proved too much for my MacBook Air"? This is important to know because, performance wise, if your MBA can't handle your programs in Bootcamp Windows, it won't be able to also do so on Parallels.

What are the machine's specs? Was it due to lack of space? RAM?

As for running AutoCAD, yes, it will be able, as long as you have enough RAM. The other app I've never heard about, does it have any specific requirement for the hardware?

Last edited: Mar 18, 2014
  3. Cpower

Cpower Bit poster

Hi, thank you for speedy reply, sorry for delay caused by LOG-IN blindness.
    Yes, there are problems, but not with RAM or space on my Mac hard drive.

My external drives are just a place to put the ISO image files, back-up etc, as my MacBook Air does not have a disc drive.

I have an external 500GB drive and an external 2TB drive and I intended to partition the 500GB drive to handle my Back-up and the other half for my iTunes.

The 2TB drive was intended as a location for my hard drive Clone (in case of emergencies), windows downloads and whatever else was needed by BOOTCAMP and any additional ISO image files (again, because of no dvd player).

Then came the problem, DISC UTILITY informed me that there was not enough space!
    Reading various Mac Communities views, I realise that BOOTCAMP may well need 4 times the space that I had on my external hard drives!

Additional problems came in the form of Mac isms. “Move” is an easy to understand PC command, but does not seem to exist on my MacBook Air, so I assume that there is no such thing as drag and drop to move my data in BOOTCAMP? Hence my look at Parallels.

I do hope that I have answered your question and apologise for the delay in my response which was a dreaded multipal “have you forgotten your password” problems.

Regards,