Is it possible to run 2 guest OSs?

Discussion in 'macOS Virtual Machine' started by stoker, Dec 27, 2012.

1. stoker

stoker Junior Member

Probably it's not possible but I thought I'd ask anyway just to put the matter to rest in my mind: Is it possible to put - either in one Parallels Desktop or two - both a Windows OS and (for example) a Mac OS other than the one that's on the Mac computer (which in my case is Mtn Lion)?

2. Specimen

Specimen Product Expert

Yes it is, there is no limit for the amount of Guest OSs you can install on Parallels, and you don't need to buy extra Parallels licenses for each Guest OS, you only need the OS licenses themselves. If you want to run then at the same time you'll need to have enough RAM thou.

3. stoker

stoker Junior Member

Great! When I install (say) Windows XP and OS X 10.6 Server, is there a special way to do that or just install? One last question: Will I then have two different icons (on my desktop or somewhere else) to click to open each, or just a Parallels icon?

4. stoker

stoker Junior Member

I lied! I have one more question: is there a special version of either Windows XP (which I know somewhat) or Windows 7 (which I don't know at all) that I should install? BTW, I will be getting Parallels 8 shortly to put these into.

And thanks for your help in this matter!

5. Specimen

Specimen Product Expert

Get the trial and try it yourself, it's a bit hard to theorize without actually trying, then you'll understand if those questions still make sense or not.
    There is no need for special versions of the OSs, it works like a physical machine, with the same requirements, obviously, if you want to install Windows 7 you won't be buying the upgrade version but rather the full version as you are not upgrading an existing copy of Windows.