iMessage sign-in fails on Sequoia

Discussion in 'macOS Virtual Machine' started by AV8, Sep 24, 2024.

1. AV8

AV8 Bit poster

Both my host and VM are on MacOS 15 Sequoia, latest version, so is Parallels.
    I was able to sign in to iCloud during setup. Later AppStore sign-in fails, and iCloud mail is unavailable, which was expected.
    However, I cannot use iMessage. Whenever I try to sign in I get "An unknown error occurred". Cannot find any mention of this problem anywhere, nor that anyone was able to activate iMessage on Sequoia running in a VM.

Has anyone here managed to get it woking?

2. RobertC62

RobertC62 Bit poster

Same here. Apple has a VM support page that says it should work. Found a Parallels KB article of known limitations that states:

"10. Sign in to AppleID: the functionality works in macOS 15 beta 3 and newer virtual machines running on Mac computers with macOS15 beta 3 and newer operating system."

It's available as a developer beta right now. I'm not sure if that would solve it or not, but I'm going to wait until it becomes a public beta before updating my host computer to see.

3. AV8

AV8 Bit poster

Not sure, but I believe the KB was for the 15.0 beta as it refers to general Sign in to AppleID. And the sign in actually works in 15.0, just not for iMessage. It also asks for 2FA, then fails.
    Hopefully it will change in 15.1.