How to "lock" the fullscreen mode?

Discussion in 'macOS Virtual Machine' started by kkanedaa, Jun 26, 2012.

1. kkanedaa

kkanedaa Bit poster

Hey,

I just recently purchased Parallels and I am impressed with what it can do. I mainly use it for gaming in full-screen mode and so far the performance is good.

I have one problem though. To navigate in the game I am playing, the mouse has to touch the border of the screen (e.g. left-border of the screen will move left, etc.). When moving left and right, there is no problem. But when moving up the horizontal menu bar will appear, and when moving down Mac's dock will appear. This interferes with the performance a lot.

Once you move up or down, the cursor in the game changes to Mac's arrow-cursor. This reduces the accuracy of the mouse inside the game. It does not behave as accurately anymore.

My question now is: how to disable the menu-bar and dock from appearing once the mouse touches the top or bottom of the screen in full-screen mode? Is this even possible? If not, how could I appropriately configure Parallels for this issue?

Thanks in advance!

2. kkanedaa

kkanedaa Bit poster

Hey all,

I found how to disable it. For those who are looking for an answer:

1) Open Parallels
    2) Go to Configure
    3) Select Full-Screen
    4) Check Activate Hot Corners
    5) Set all Hot Corners to "-" (none)

Love this program!

3. dalagupa

dalagupa Bit poster

thankds dude

I had the same problem like you, Parallels is awesome but that little problem was annoying. Happily you found the solution, thanks again.