How to best transfer 32-bit Apps to virtual OS Mojave

Discussion in 'macOS Virtual Machine' started by tomkaso, Apr 24, 2020.

1. tomkaso

tomkaso Bit poster

I have just successfully completed the installation of Mojave under Parallels Desktop 15 (under Mojave). What is the best method to transfer the apps from the native Mojave to the virtualised Mojave? I would prefer a method where I can select the apps I want to transfer and transfer them including all prefs, license keys and the like.

2. GowthamR@Parallels

GowthamR@Parallels Member

@tomkaso Unfortunatly, it is not possible to transfer the application to another Operating system. Alternatively, we recommed you to reinstall the application on the Mojave virtual machine and activate it.

3. RogerH6

RogerH6 Hunter

He might be able to move some things, by being sneaky with Time Machine. Connect a drive with this to the native system, and backup the apps. Then disconnect from this, and instead connect the drive to the virtual system and restore. I've managed to move quite a few things that would normally need 'installation' this way.
    Just a thought. :)

4. Ajith1

Ajith1 Parallels Support

A user can give a try but cannot assure this method will work for transferring all applications installed and Time Machine restore will work in a virtual machine.

5. RogerH6

RogerH6 Hunter

Totally agree. But it does work for 'some'... :)