How do you install/configure network driver in Solaris?

Discussion in 'Other Virtual machines' started by PhilL, Aug 15, 2011.

1. PhilL

PhilL Junior Member

Hi. Could somebody please provide a step-by-step guide on how to install network support on opensolaris? I am running the very last version release in 2009 (after which Oracle closed the project).

I did a search in this forum and none of the past posts were helpful. They either didn't work or they were incomplete (e.g. which network option - shared network, default adapter, or what?).

I can go as far as running the install.sh script under the SOLARIS directory. After which I reboot and get an "Failed to plumb IPv4 interface(s): ni0" error.

Anyone has a step-by-step instruction would be great. I am NOT an UNIX SA and my knowledge of UNIX networking is basically zilch.

Thanks.

2. PhilL

PhilL Junior Member

I got networking to work finally

I read the sticky post about installing Solaris and saw that it was for Parallels 5 and not Parallels 6 and it did not occur to me that the network.sh script in the most recent update of Parallels 6 would need the exact same editing fix.

After I fixed and ran the script opensolaris booted without error. After which I needed to go into network configuration and enable automatic configuration.

I use "Default Adapter" for the VM network option.