How connect a GPS receiver with Win10 and Parallels 11?

Discussion in 'macOS Virtual Machine' started by ArwedG, Apr 12, 2016.

1. ArwedG

ArwedG Bit poster

Hello,
    I am running Windows 10 on the latetest version of Parallels and would like to use CPN (a marine navigation app). For this its crucial to connect a gps receiver via USB in order to get fixes. But this doesn't work. The appropriate driver is installed in Mac OSX, but the device doesnt show up and I get the message "the device cannot be started (Code 10). What can I do? Please help.

Arwed

Attached Files:

2. Sasti@Parallels

Sasti@Parallels Parallels Support

Hello ArwedG,
    We suggest you try connecting the USB to the Windows Virtual Machine directly, Devices->External Devices. Let us know how it works.

3. ArwedG

ArwedG Bit poster

Hello,
    I tried. It didn't work either.

4. PaulChristopher@Parallels

PaulChristopher@Parallels Product Expert Staff Member

Hello ArwedG, Could you please check device manager and check whether the driver for your USB GPS driver is installed. If it shows in exclamation mark, please right click on it and select "Update driver" and then try to reconnect USB GPS device and check how it works.

5. ArwedG

ArwedG Bit poster

Hi, I contacted globalsat in the meantime. They told me, this receiver doen't work with Win 10. One has to buy the latest version, which will do. Thanks for your support.

6. PaulChristopher@Parallels

PaulChristopher@Parallels Product Expert Staff Member

You are welcome! ArwedG, Feel free to reach out anytime. We are here to help! Thanks!